Seperation Of Church And State.........................................

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I choose to let God call me, he is author of all life, it definitely takes faith to open his word and trust what it says.
    Many are changed by reading the gospel and believing, not all, but many! I would always suggest the gospel of John. The gospel is offensive because it tells us who we are, fallen away people that need a change. God bless.
    BWP

Comment

• Some years back there was a Catholic Priest and a Rabbi that called themselves "The God Squad"
      They were on a morning show, maybe news, I forget
      They were terrific to listen to and watch
      They were friends and very polite but they also aired their beliefs one vs the other energetically
      The Rabbi was more forceful and more entertaining
      The priest was more politically correct, more reserved

A 180 from each other and they had alot of fun with it too

At a young age Father St Claire taught us in school the Catholic translations in a very human way with a sense of humor about it all and explained the exagerations and poetic license that was used to make some points in dramatic fashion

Bishop Sheen had a TV show and also taught/translated in a way that allowed for some latitude as to the written word vs maybe some hog wash thrown in to make some points

Too much literal translation of the Bible or any of the like books/writings/whatever teachings handed down from whenever have to be looked at with some patience and I think alot of doubt as to the truth as written lierally

Knew a guy who attended a kinda "Stand on a corner with a bullhorn preaching school" and he had an answer for absolutely anything by quoting the Bible.
      I'll bet he could find a quote in the Bible to settle a Yamaha vs Evinrude post
      He really became a pain in the ass to hang out with too

Comment

• Originally posted by manitunc View Post
        Who is the "us" god is claiming we were made in the image of.

i give up with this circular logic experience. Believe what you want.
        The US is God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. The triune Godhead.
        Andrew Munao Jr
        Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
        888-231-2392 | andyjr@shipyardisland.com | simyamaha.com

Comment

• Well, Religions seem to compete for membership
          Some pretty good marketing also as to the ultimite rewards

Now, I do wonder though what happens when one of the top contenders for membership runs out of the 72 virgins as promised?

"Well Aukmed, I'm fresh out of virgins for a while but here's two goats, a camel, three chickens and a brand new AK47"

That;s as I believe one of the oldest players in the religion field and with the exception of the brand new AK47 pretty much the same payday for thousands of years.

What do you reckon the female faithful get?

Actually I have a point to make

There's much disagreement as to if 72 virgins was actually promised

The disagreement comes from time, and translations from language to language, dialect to dialect

So, imagine that, huh?

Those guys have different translations, meanings from their own book.

And they murder people who criticize the book that they themselves dont 100% agree with

Comment

• Originally posted by Comm. (VP) Mike Carrigan Sr. View Post

The disagreement comes from time, and translations from language to language, dialect to dialect

So, imagine that, huh?

Those guys have different translations, meanings from their own book.

And they murder people who criticize the book that they themselves dont 100% agree with
            As far as the bible goes, its age, its accuracy has been debated over and over again. Many good books outside of the "religion" side of it have been written on the subject. A translation is a version that was written from the original language(scrolls and letters). There are many of these available. Even electronic versions with the original language adjacent to a particular version for you to see what the original wording was and how it was translated into English. Or you could compare translation to translation(if you wanted). If you are looking for a version to read, these are good. The easiest reading versions are the NKJ, NIV, NLT, ESV and I like to look at the Message translation as well.

I have a good friend that has a 2nd home in Hawaii. As you may know they got that message that a incoming ballistic missile was headed there way on Saturday. When they had got that message, they called there sons, and then he called me, but I didn't pickup the phone at that time. It was kind of cool that he thought of me in this way. But my point is, what would any of you do/think if you had only 20 minutes or so to live? Your thoughts on what happens after you die is what I am getting at. Whatever those may be, are you sure of it? How sure? Do you want to be sure?

Andrew Munao Jr
            Yamaha Sales/Tech Support, SIM Yamaha
            888-231-2392 | andyjr@shipyardisland.com | simyamaha.com

Comment

• And so it goes the two subjects guaranteed to have disagreements religion and politics. And of the two it seems religion is the most heated and fanatical. Oh and the reason they are virgins is because they are soo damn ugly that no one would want to stick them...Charlie

Comment

Working...
              X