Semi Automatic Gun Sniper in Vegas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear ear protection to fire my hand guns; and it's very rare that I fire them at all. I fire them just to make certain they are in working order and to oil and clean them afterwards. My .22 rifles are much quieter when fired--I wear ear protection when firing the louder hand guns. Can't imagine that all cowboys and gunslingers in the old west weren't deaf.

Comment

Originally posted by erie skipper View Post
      I wear ear protection to fire my hand guns; and it's very rare that I fire them at all. I fire them just to make certain they are in working order and to oil and clean them afterwards. My .22 rifles are much quieter when fired--I wear ear protection when firing the louder hand guns. Can't imagine that all cowboys and gunslingers in the old west weren't deaf.
      Can you imagine John Wayne attacking hostile indians, some pretty fierce German and Japanese guys with silencers on his weapons?
      It would take all the fun out of all those guys getting starched

Back around 1970 I was doing some shooting with some friends outside of B'Ham
      Snugged right up to a scope and got a perfect 1/2 moon cut over my eye and bled big time
      Thought I had it stopped and while waiting for my flight home that evening the cut opened up and you know how a head cut can bleed
      So, two cops led me out of the airport while my head was bleeding profusely and all the onlookers thought the cops had apprehended a real bad guy
      Drew quite a crowd too
      But, I could hear just fine
      Just coulnd't see out of my right eye

On the subject though
      Filters from a cigarette make perfect ear plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Comm. (VP) Mike Carrigan Sr. View Post

A silencer can be made at home with a Coke can, some steel wool plus a couple/few other things
        I dont want to conduct a class as to how to manufacturer silencers
        They are actually quite easy to make
        Your controlling the noise that comes out of the business end of a weapon that is best if not a revolver
        It's not complicated at all

I sure cant figure why a silencer would be made legal though
        Mike, Mike, Mike,

In our society , everything is legal until its made illegal. We are a country of laws, but we start from the premise of complete freedom and then grant our government the ability to restrict our freedoms. Its a far different concept than nothing is legal unless the government says it is. I much prefer our way. But our way allows us to disagree on what should and shouldnt be made illegal, restricted, banned, limited or licensed. we can still run around like fools in our boats without a license. You can still buy and ride a dirt bike without a license, there are no speed limits on the ocean and any fool with enough money can buy a 180 mph motorcycle and ride it without a helmet. I know, he has to have insurance to ride without a helmet. A whole $10k worth, which should be enough to pay for scraping his brains off the pavement.

Somebody explain why automatic weapons, or the ability to modify semi automatic weapons should be available to the public. Its not for hunting, its not for home protection, so what is the purpose? So we can arm our militias? So we can have fun shooting up the countryside? I mean seriously, what is the reasoning behind that other than they are fun to shoot? I get that, but you can rent one, and like women and boats, they are cheaper to rent than own.

Just trying to understand the mentality of those who want to own such things.

Comment

Originally posted by manitunc View Post

Mike, Mike, Mike,

In our society , everything is legal until its made illegal. We are a country of laws, but we start from the premise of complete freedom and then grant our government the ability to restrict our freedoms. Its a far different concept than nothing is legal unless the government says it is. I much prefer our way. But our way allows us to disagree on what should and shouldnt be made illegal, restricted, banned, limited or licensed. we can still run around like fools in our boats without a license. You can still buy and ride a dirt bike without a license, there are no speed limits on the ocean and any fool with enough money can buy a 180 mph motorcycle and ride it without a helmet. I know, he has to have insurance to ride without a helmet. A whole $10k worth, which should be enough to pay for scraping his brains off the pavement.

Somebody explain why automatic weapons, or the ability to modify semi automatic weapons should be available to the public. Its not for hunting, its not for home protection, so what is the purpose? So we can arm our militias? So we can have fun shooting up the countryside? I mean seriously, what is the reasoning behind that other than they are fun to shoot? I get that, but you can rent one, and like women and boats, they are cheaper to rent than own.

What about this don't you seem to get?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

A free state, or in other words to protect us (citizens) against tyrants or tyranny. It's not about hunting or protecting our homes as much as it is to protect us from those we hand our powers to.

Comment

Originally posted by manitunc View Post

Mike, Mike, Mike,

Your lips to Gods ear
            I could not agree with you more

Years back, 1960's, there was a book written by a very troubled young man entitled "The Anarchist Cookbook"
            It essentually was a "How to do" re bombs and such so as to be American terrorists killing our own people
            He was an anti Viet Nam fella and figured it would be a good idea to know how to fight our own government and that the time was comming to prepare for such
            Before he passed away he said that the book was the result of his very misguided brain at a very young age however the screwballs at the time looked upon the book as their bible because in their minds that time was upon us.

Not a whole lot has changed since then as to those who think that every family should own their very own machine guns and prepare for what their minds say is comming
            Stock up on plenty of ammo and be ready to fight whoever they think we should be ready to fight

I knew two guys who I really liked
            The problem was their view of being patriots
            So, they manufactured hand granades and thought they were selling the hand granades to other "Patriots" so as to be ready for what was comming
            The two pea brains had no idea what it was that was comming but it (whatever it was) was comming anyway
            Problem was the "patriots" they were selling the expolsives to were actually ATF fellas who didn't look at the two guys like they were actually performing a community service.

Scary that the mentality is alive and well but so it is

Comment

There is nothing wrong with being prepared in ones own way. I sure as shit would not want to be living in a remote area without a gun or 5 to protect my life and liberty. While in a city the police tend to arrive much quicker after a crime has been committed it's still a loooonnngggg ass 5 minutes if your on the wrong end of a gun, knife, machete. I will depend on me first and the govt. 2nd. if ever needed in that type of way.

Comment

Back in the mid 80's, I knew I couple kids in high school, who in two separate incidents, ran afoul of the feds. One was a prank, the other turned into a tragedy. Both of these kids were harmless and intended no harm. Now at least one has a serious felony on his record. Back in the mid 80's.

First kid decided to make a pipe bomb. Used some black powder called Pyrodex at the time. Then he wants to detonate it. The only safe place he decided was a storm drain. Boom!
                Really loud boom, neighbors freaked out and here comes the ATF. Can't recall if he was convicted of a felony.

Second kid was shooting with a group of teens. One of them had a modified full auto AK. Shooting full auto the barrel must have gotten a little high. Couple bullets got loose and traveled over to a nearby water park. One fatality. For some stupid reason he agreed to hide the rifle at his house. Feds found it and ground him to a pulp. Wasn't even his gun nor could they prove he fired the shots in question. I tried to search for him a few years ago. Couldn't find a single thing on the internet, even considering he has a fairly unique name. Just dropped off the face of the earth.

Comment

Originally posted by LFBB View Post
                  There is nothing wrong with being prepared in ones own way. I sure as shit would not want to be living in a remote area without a gun or 5 to protect my life and liberty. While in a city the police tend to arrive much quicker after a crime has been committed it's still a loooonnngggg ass 5 minutes if your on the wrong end of a gun, knife, machete. I will depend on me first and the govt. 2nd. if ever needed in that type of way.
                  I mentioned in a previous post (posts) that my wifemate keeps a shotgun by her side of the bed
                  We also have dogs
                  Two of my daughters have carry permits
                  One has two pit bulls, big ones

I 100% agree with self protection and I do live in a country area

Self defense and owning a gun I stand by totally

I do however have some real problems with some of the weapons avaiable and question the logic

I'm totally opposed to weapons that can convert to fully automatic

Like is going on at this very moment in VA white supremists hiding under the right to have a militia
                  A militia made up of KKK and Nazi's?
                  Yes, they apparantly have the right to have a militia and bear arms
                  There's something very wrong with hate groups having their own militia's
                  I dont think our founding fathers meant it that way at all

Comment

Originally posted by Comm. (VP) Mike Carrigan Sr. View Post

I mentioned in a previous post (posts) that my wifemate keeps a shotgun by her side of the bed
                    We also have dogs
                    Two of my daughters have carry permits
                    One has two pit bulls, big ones

I 100% agree with self protection and I do live in a country area

Self defense and owning a gun I stand by totally

I do however have some real problems with some of the weapons avaiable and question the logic

I'm totally opposed to weapons that can convert to fully automatic

Like is going on at this very moment in VA white supremists hiding under the right to have a militia
                    A militia made up of KKK and Nazi's?
                    Yes, they apparantly have the right to have a militia and bear arms
                    There's something very wrong with hate groups having their own militia's
                    I dont think our founding fathers meant it that way at all
                    And I agree with you in that I don't like "hate groups" being allowed to organize with weapons, but what if a group like the NRA or hunting groups became "labeled" as a hate group and they were forced to disband or worse got thrown in prison?

In life we must accept the good with the bad, Just like with my money, I can spend it far wiser then the govt. can. I'll keep my rights just the way they were meant to be. And the day every govt. in the world drops their weapons I will drop mine, maybe.

Comment

I recall going back to the 60's Al Cap who was the Lil Abner cartoonist doing alot of series having to do with Hippies and those who opposed the Viet Nam war.
                      Mr Cap was about as right wing as Atilla The Hun
                      He drew Hippies as unwashed with flies swirling around them.

One segment he did was the hippies running and calling for their mothers with the flies also flying around them as an invasion was taking place from an unidentified foreign army.

I think he was trying to make the same point as being made by some.

I really cant imagine an invasion by a foreign power or our citizens finding it necessary to defend against our government.

I dont guess Mr Putin or whoever is going to "drop their weapons" thus I guess we have to keep a tight hold on ours to defend against...................??????

We planning on shooting at ICBM'S?

Comment

What about this don't you seem to get?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

A free state, or in other words to protect us (citizens) against tyrants or tyranny. It's not about hunting or protecting our homes as much as it is to protect us from those we hand our powers to.
                        Then don't hand your powers to those you deem to need protection from? do you believe our system is based on military action by citizens to protect us from the government or a 2 year cycle of elections to change. Clearly a large percentage of people do not agree with your beliefs, so why should they accept your method for changing things or protecting yourself? do I need to now arm myself to protect my family from citizen militias? Just because you believe something doesn't make it true? doesn't make it false either, but if you truly believe that some civilian militia is going to overthrow the government, you've been watching too many movies. there are no tyrants here, just people you don't agree with.

Comment

I agree with you here. Self sufficiency is important, especially the farther you get from "services". I have a house on 3 acres that is not in town. Close, but it would still take 10-15 minutes to respond to an alarm, if the police had nothing else to do. so yeah, I'll have the means to protect myself from that threat, as there are plenty of assholes running around that wouldnt think twice about breaking in, stealing my stuff, hurting my family, etc. But I dont need a machine gun to do that. A pump shotgun and my Colt Python will do just fine. But that's a far cry from a civilian militia to protect us from an over reaching government. remember, this is the system we chose to live in, a system governed by laws, and a way to change those laws. If you dont like the way it is, change it through the process put in place for change. Violent means are the choice of the lazy and will only result in the other 50% finding a way to defend themselves and fight back. this country is much different now than it was 100 years ago, and will be much different after another 100 years. Believing you can freeze our society into some dream state you pine for is unrealistic and a fools errand.

Comment

I dont think in around 1789 or so our founding fathers had an idea of a shoulder fired weapon firing 700-1000 rounds per minute
                            I think a militia guy on his best day might-maybe be able to load and fire maybe 3 times a minute-maybe
                            To suggest weapons that exist today in 1789 would give the appearance that someone spent way too much time at the Blue Bell tavern on Cobbs Creek in Philly which is still there and said to be haunted by redcoats
                            The entire right to bear arms then vs now I think might vary some in substance

I also wonder if when a militia was spoken of it would be in the context of today vs 1789
                            I dont think so

I live on 11 acres
                            My children were brought up to shoot on our property
                            I'm not anti gun

I am anti redneck with a distorted and dangerous view of weapons and militias
                            I'm opposed to the KKK
                            I'm opposed to the Nazi party
                            I'm opposed to the KKK and/or the Nazi party being able to have their own militias because their militias are against everything our country stands for
                            Thus, I view the armed militia's of these groups to be anti American and dangerous to our way of life

Comment

Whoa, don't throw rednecks in that group. We just like to hunt and fish, blow up cans and bottles and esp. have a lot of fun mostly including alcohol. Rednecks are not running around with automatic or even assault looking weapons. No, rednecks have nothing to do with what you see on TV unless a tornado is involved. You can call them radicals, crazies or what ever, but they ain't rednecks. Rednecks get real offended when you go to messing with our flag, monuments and other heritage. We feel that our heritage is just important as any one's. A redneck will be the first person to give you a hand when you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slough View Post
                                Whoa, don't throw rednecks in that group. We just like to hunt and fish, blow up cans and bottles and esp. have a lot of fun mostly including alcohol. Rednecks are not running around with automatic or even assault looking weapons. No, rednecks have nothing to do with what you see on TV unless a tornado is involved. You can call them radicals, crazies or what ever, but they ain't rednecks. Rednecks get real offended when you go to messing with our flag, monuments and other heritage. We feel that our heritage is just important as any one's. A redneck will be the first person to give you a hand when you need it.
                                Sorry

Comment

Working...
                                X