• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rent control legislation

Some county’s are passing rent control legislation
    I believe pinellas just did.
    how does that even work?
    if I own a apt rental complex they can regulate how much I can charge?
    (i don’t own any)

Originally posted by Ol Mucky View Post
    how does that even work?
    (i don’t own any)
    ,. .
    Price controls, works every time it's tried!

NOT!!!

BWP

Comment

Thought that is why Section 8 housing was passed
      2021 Blackwood, twin 300 Mercs
      Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

So the St Pete council (not pinellas) voted 4-3 to put it on the ballot to let the voters decide.

As one of the persons interviewed said about putting it on the ballot “It’s the American thing to do”

Comment

Gross ignorance rears its' ugly head..................

Comment

I went to the SS office today to change my address. They said I had to wear a mask. I guess "fuck you" was the wrong reply.................

Comment

• Tiretyme
              Tiretyme commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m thinking prolly so

• bluewaterposer
              bluewaterposer commented
              Editing a comment
              BILL! Chill!

I was reading through it. From the stuff I read they are not controlling the price. If you raise more than 3% you have to give notice. Different time frames for different rental periods.

They are also making it illegal to not rent to someone with government assistance. Sure, because we all know those people are going to take care of your property.

Comment

• Ol Mucky
              Ol Mucky commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn’t find that part.
              From what I was reading people seem to think this referendum is going to “protect” them from living on the street.
              If it’s what you found, they gonna be po’d

Do it like motels. They have a "rack rate" posted. Maximum rate that is charged. Everything else is a discount.

Maximum discount for longterm renter with money and ethics..............

Comment

Originally posted by Sans Peur View Post
              They are also making it illegal to not rent to someone with government assistance. Sure, because we all know those people are going to take care of your property.
              Just make sure your rent is more than they get from welfare. One reason we have higher end rentals. As of now, I can refuse to except housing where I am. But we have a real asshole dem Governor that would love to see that changed.

Comment

They said most landlords are asking for the renters to show 3x income past the payment. This makes it where they only have to prove 3x the income after the assistance amount.

Comment

I encountered that issue. I'm kinda retired. $2800/month rental, they wanted proof of income for like $90K a year. I said I'd pay a year in advance. Not good enough. Gotta pay by the month. They turned me down. Inability to pay. I coulda written a check and bought the goddam house.

I was so pissed I called Morgan and morgan.

The rental market has adopted a stupid metric with no concession for options.

Comment

• bluewaterposer
                    bluewaterposer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dave Ramsey has a zero credit score, he would not qualify to rent yet he could write a check to purchase building!
                    Weird system!

• jmike
                    jmike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Penalties for bucking the debtor system...

Originally posted by Ol Mucky View Post
                  how does that even work?
                  (i don’t own any)
                  I'm a landlord here in NJ, the way it works here is, on buildings you own with more then 3 units (4 or more) you are limited to a max rent increase of 4% per year. On buildings with 3 or less there are no regulations of that sort.

Landlords get screwed all the time, in liberal areas. If you can't pay the rent the courts will side with the tenant and the LL has to suck it up multiple times before eviction can start. It's much better to mess with them until they move out.
                  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties either expressed, written or implied and confers no rights.
                  You assume all risk for your use. The author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner's acting ability.

Comment

Working...
                  X