Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here this old man sits laughing at all this nonsense "The slow death of online forums" became this?

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

I don't know Kemp, at this rate it will be you and me left, and to tell you the truth, I don't know that that will be that much fun for either of us.
      I could play along, and engage with you, that is what you want, people to engage with you, but to what end? Seems to me that what is fun for you, is not much fun for other folks, you know this and don't care, doesn't seem very nice and neighborly.
      A few folks have posted an opinion, and it would seem the ones that have, really don't want the drama being brought out, you tease, you bait, someone gets upset and it takes away from what the site is. We are not the other site or any other site, we are BoB, why ruin it for other folks because it isn't what you want or think it should be?
      No , you"re wrong on several counts . I am just responding to comments on my thread. If you want to quit overlooking problems ,read the thread and see if anyone here is doing what you are claiming. And then ask yourself why you don't confront them, like you do me . You will then see what will remind you of the other site. You had the choice of commenting on the subject of this thread and chose to play a conspiracy game and you are ruining the site ,to a certain extent .

Nothing comes close to the ruination caused by the behind the back stabbers trying to get some one to do their dirty work instead of ignoring threads or commenting on them on topic. Then they get someone in authority to play along. See post 48.2 If these conspiracy people are really worried about this site why aren't they posting something ,starting a thread ? Easier to blame someone else than actually setting an example.

People engaging with people is what is suppose to happen on a forum. I'd send those packing with their anti-forum behind the back game . But you're right it wouldn't be much fun it were down to me and you. That's because you have your head up your azz and can't realize or seem to recall what made BoB unique in the past.

People kept their stuff on the forum.
      People called out those name calling and cursing at people ,regardless of who it was and at the time it occurred.
      Mod didn't get involved and didn't have to.
      People were responsible for how they acted and drama wasn't blamed on subject matter or how a subject was presented.

Now we have sissys pushing the mommy button , drifting into sub-forums trying to get someone eliminated ,people reading between the lines instead of what's on them and a host of other things.
      So just play along and enjoy the downturn. You're suppose to be enjoying yourself here. You can set your sites on joining those playing the game of elimination , but that won't do much good in the longer run because they always turn on each other when a site is void of newcomers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sailsalot View Post

No , you"re wrong on several counts . I am just responding to comments on my thread. If you want to quit overlooking problems ,read the thread and see if anyone here is doing what you are claiming. And then ask yourself why you don't confront them, like you do me . You will then see what will remind you of the other site. You had the choice of commenting on the subject of this thread and chose to play a conspiracy game and you are ruining the site ,to a certain extent .

Nothing comes close to the ruination caused by the behind the back stabbers trying to get some one to do their dirty work instead of ignoring threads or commenting on them on topic. Then they get someone in authority to play along. See post 48.2 If these conspiracy people are really worried about this site why aren't they posting something ,starting a thread ? Easier to blame someone else than actually setting an example.

People engaging with people is what is suppose to happen on a forum. I'd send those packing with their anti-forum behind the back game . But you're right it wouldn't be much fun it were down to me and you. That's because you have your head up your azz and can't realize or seem to recall what made BoB unique in the past.

People kept their stuff on the forum.
        People called out those name calling and cursing at people ,regardless of who it was and at the time it occurred.
        Mod didn't get involved and didn't have to.
        People were responsible for how they acted and drama wasn't blamed on subject matter or how a subject was presented.

Now we have sissys pushing the mommy button , drifting into sub-forums trying to get someone eliminated ,people reading between the lines instead of what's on them and a host of other things.
        So just play along and enjoy the downturn. You're suppose to be enjoying yourself here. You can set your sites on joining those playing the game of elimination , but that won't do much good in the longer run because they always turn on each other when a site is void of newcomers.
        It has been pointed out to you before and I will point it out again, you don't like it here, leave. The only conspiracy here is the one you have created or made up.
        As one of the founding members of this site, I don't need a Mod to ban you, I will do it myself. I can certainly pull my head out of my azz for that.
        Now, what will it be?
        Engine Sales and Service
        Ph +1 954.463.1515
        Fx +1
        Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
        www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

I know, I know. You were wondering why the Troll finsleft258 wasn't playing by the rules posted or not. It's cause he don't have to. 😀
          I'm not sure there is a single thing I have done here to violate terms of use. Ever.

I also didn't troll you. I genuinely think you add nothing of substantiative value to the forum, off -topic or otherwise. I also put it out there in the open just like you asked.

I added a serious comment to your thread about declining forums. You started going after another member in predictable fashion. Here we are now...another absolute dumpster fire. Your logic process in this argument is so warped I'm not even sure you understand what you're saying, and I can't do that part for you.
          Barefoot Boats
          [email protected]
          (386)256-6977

Comment

Originally posted by erie skipper View Post
            And here this old man sits laughing at all this nonsense "The slow death of online forums" became this?
            😀 You and me both.

Comment

Originally posted by finsleft258 View Post

I'm not sure there is a single thing I have done here to violate terms of use. Ever.

I also didn't troll you. I genuinely think you add nothing of substantiative value to the forum, off -topic or otherwise. I also put it out there in the open just like you asked.

I added a serious comment to your thread about declining forums. You started going after another member in predictable fashion. Here we are now...another absolute dumpster fire. Your logic process in this argument is so warped I'm not even sure you understand what you're saying, and I can't do that part for you.
              Putting it out there doesn't guarantee you a certain response. Also as highlighted, you were going after a member with your earlier comment . So who's logic is warped when you look at what you did ?

Comment

Putting it out there doesn't guarantee you a certain response. Also as highlighted, you were going after a member with your earlier comment . So who's logic is warped when you look at what you did ?
                The kick him (off) comment was directed at you. I would absolutely like to see you off the forum. I think you contribute heavily to members leaving. I'd also be happy with an ignore feature so I don't have to waste my time responding to you.
                Barefoot Boats
                [email protected]
                (386)256-6977

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post

It has been pointed out to you before and I will point it out again, you don't like it here, leave. The only conspiracy here is the one you have created or made up.
                  As one of the founding members of this site, I don't need a Mod to ban you, I will do it myself. I can certainly pull my head out of my azz for that.
                  Now, what will it be?
                  I don't know where you got the impression that I don't like it here. I enjoy every minute or I wouldn't be here. My choice.
                  I was not aware that anyone here posting as a member had the authority to ban a member if they didn't answer their question the way they wanted it to be answered. Now I know and it wouldn't be fair to judge my earlier comment made under the condition of unknown and unposted conditions. It would be fair to expect any outcome if I would converse with you in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by finsleft258 View Post

The kick him (off) comment was directed at you. I would absolutely like to see you off the forum. I think you contribute heavily to members leaving. I'd also be happy with an ignore feature so I don't have to waste my time responding to you.
                    I was aware of who you directed your comment towards. I am also aware of your feelings. While we have each other's attention , are you posting anything of interest elsewhere on the forum ?
                    I'd certainly check it out without bringing negativity to it , unlike you did here.

Comment

I don't know where you got the impression that I don't like it here. I enjoy every minute or I wouldn't be here. My choice.
                      I was not aware that anyone here posting as a member had the authority to ban a member if they didn't answer their question the way they wanted it to be answered. Now I know and it wouldn't be fair to judge my earlier comment made under the condition of unknown and unposted conditions. It would be fair to expect any outcome if I would converse with you in the future.
                      Yes, You do like it here, it gives you pleasure.
                      It's not that I don't like the answer, it' s that the other members don't.
                      As the Mod said, it's a place where memberships can be revoked.
                      The thread is now closed.
                      Engine Sales and Service
                      Ph +1 954.463.1515
                      Fx +1
                      Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]acht.com
                      www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Working...
                      X