This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mod 3 View Post

The person discussing it mostly is you, adnausium.
    Using me?
    Or abusing me?
    Where is my safe space?
    You feel better now?
    I believe the posts were just comment and response as far as I can tell.

Comment

With the development of snowflakes talking behind my back , trying to regulate the forum from behind the scenes , I'll address them -

First of all ,I think it is fair to respond to anyone taking a swipe at someone. Taking a swipe at someone from behind the scenes is a greater offense than doing so on the open forum. Let's take a look at this " passive aggression " that you are worried about -

pas·sive-ag·gres·sive
      /ˈpasiv əˈɡresiv/
      adjective
      1. of or denoting a type of behavior or personality characterized by indirect resistance to the demands of others and an avoidance of direct confrontation, as in procrastinating, pouting, or misplacing important materials.
      That would describe you, would it not ? Even if you don't agree on that, what passive aggression is in this thread that is solely being practiced by me ?
      No one is forcing you to read or respond to anything by me.
      If you don't like what is on the forum ,post something else.
      One of , if not the most, anti-forum things a person can do is try to work behind the scenes to mold the forum into their liking. If or when you succeed you have accomplished nothing in regards to the betterment of a forum, only an accomplishment of success in your anti-forum agenda.

If you want a new " rule " why not ask for one on the open forum ?
      Afraid to show who you are and what your agenda is ?

If you can't handle or pass on a thread such as this, you are simply not forum material . But we already know that by your choice of using the forum to practice your anti- forum activity.
      Have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sailsalot View Post
        With the development of snowflakes talking behind my back , trying to regulate the forum from behind the scenes , I'll address them -

First of all ,I think it is fair to respond to anyone taking a swipe at someone. Taking a swipe at someone from behind the scenes is a greater offense than doing so on the open forum. Let's take a look at this " passive aggression " that you are worried about -

pas·sive-ag·gres·sive
        /ˈpasiv əˈɡresiv/
        adjective
        1. of or denoting a type of behavior or personality characterized by indirect resistance to the demands of others and an avoidance of direct confrontation, as in procrastinating, pouting, or misplacing important materials.
        That would describe you, would it not ? Even if you don't agree on that, what passive aggression is in this thread that is solely being practiced by me ?
        No one is forcing you to read or respond to anything by me.
        If you don't like what is on the forum ,post something else.
        One of , if not the most, anti-forum things a person can do is try to work behind the scenes to mold the forum into their liking. If or when you succeed you have accomplished nothing in regards to the betterment of a forum, only an accomplishment of success in your anti-forum agenda.

If you want a new " rule " why not ask for one on the open forum ?
        Afraid to show who you are and what your agenda is ?

If you can't handle or pass on a thread such as this, you are simply not forum material . But we already know that by your choice of using the forum to practice your anti- forum activity.
        Have a nice day.
        Is this addressed to anyone in particular?

Comment

• Mod 3
          Mod 3 commented
          Editing a comment
          To me, it looks like you are continuing to dig, same as posting the thread.
          You don't like the answer you get or don't get, so you bring it back to stir the pot.
          Liken this forum to any privately held establishment, they/we have the right to refuse service to anyone.
          To go back to the beginning when you joined as multiple Kempers I sent you PM's you never responded. So here we are.
          As for this, it's not a debate. There is nothing to debate or change.
          You don't like it leave, if that doesn't work, I will and am now, asking you to leave or play by our rules posted or not, if that doesn't work, I will bar you and will continue to do so for as long as it takes.
          If you debate this, I will ban you, forever.

• bluewaterposer
          bluewaterposer commented
          Editing a comment
          I like bites, do you like bites, LOL, sorry, just lightening things up a bit.
          Carry on!

• bluewaterposer
          bluewaterposer commented
          Editing a comment
          Botes Botes

To the regular members here - I was looking at some of the forums I was on and am still on and was thinking about the decline in membership. I often check them and have noticed this for some time. I started this thread and had no intention of talking about this forum . This forum hasn't had enough membership for me to tell whether or not it has had a decline.

I'm being honest with you, as always and I tried to stay clear of including this forum . I did comment to Smitty about an issue when he directly mentioned this forum . Others talked specifically about this forum and I don't have a problem with that , When I was accused of baiting and pissing off members, naturally I responded to that and ensuing accusations.

Those accusations and those that have been talking behind my back and trying to control the forum are the opposite of me and opposite of anything I would do in those regards.
        Again, this thread was not started as an attempt to bring up anything that has happened in the past here . Nor was it started to bring any drama or negativity to this forum.

That being said, you can judge for yourself the actions of those that are not being honest of their feelings on the open forum and anyone who makes accusations against me based on their beliefs that are in error.

Comment

To the regular members here - I was looking at some of the forums I was on and am still on and was thinking about the decline in membership. I often check them and have noticed this for some time. I started this thread and had no intention of talking about this forum . This forum hasn't had enough membership for me to tell whether or not it has had a decline.

I'm being honest with you, as always and I tried to stay clear of including this forum . I did comment to Smitty about an issue when he directly mentioned this forum . Others talked specifically about this forum and I don't have a problem with that , When I was accused of baiting and pissing off members, naturally I responded to that and ensuing accusations.

Those accusations and those that have been talking behind my back and trying to control the forum are the opposite of me and opposite of anything I would do in those regards.
          Again, this thread was not started as an attempt to bring up anything that has happened in the past here . Nor was it started to bring any drama or negativity to this forum.

That being said, you can judge for yourself the actions of those that are not being honest of their feelings on the open forum and anyone who makes accusations against me based on their beliefs that are in error.
          My point of view, it seems much ado about nothing, however, I'm a hardcore boater and post in forums what I like, and don't comment on what I have no experience in.

I'm also an eternal optimist and try to never see negative things in any one!
          Just my nature, nothing more, nothing less.
          Be blessed.

BWP

Comment

• noelm
            noelm commented
            Editing a comment
            Funny thing, I am very similar, yet the complete opposite, I only see the negative in "stuff" in meetings at work, I always mentioned the "bad things" when questioned I simply said, "I can't remember ever being bitten by a good thing, but bad decisions will bite you hard" I think posting what's on your mind is OK, as long as it's not just stirring shit for the heck of it.

Shit. I see this drama on my range text group and SnipersHide.
          No time for drama in my life.
          Carry on.
          Engine Sales and Service
          Ph +1 954.463.1515
          Fx +1
          Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
          www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• bluewaterposer
            bluewaterposer commented
            Editing a comment
            I definitely have no time in my life for drama.

Wow, just WOW. I was hoping that the BOB deal would never get to this level.

My opinion; private clubs can "excuse" members if they don't play by the rules.....but that's just my personal thought process. I'd really rather not have to see this on a really well-intended, boating-focused website that I used to like reading when I wake up in the morning....

Can we get back to "which of these boats has the best attributes for what I intend to do..." or, ",my OX66 keeps bogging, I've cleaned all the filters but not opened the VST"..., or, "What would the the ideal bilge pump arrangements and float switch choices for a 32 Intrepid".... or, "How does the CLick to Clear process work, I am having trouble getting my Bahamas entry validated", or " Is it possible to run a boat from Orange Beach AL to the Bahamas in one day?"

The OP asks all about tainting forums, but ignores a lot of the "value added" content of the actual members which would be the only real reason for most clicks on the forum in the first place.

Alanis Morisette: "Isn't it Ironic",,,,,,,

and, I also "Sailsaverylot"....

NoDrama is the name of a friend's racing sailboat.

Comment

Originally posted by the other tom View Post
          Wow, just WOW. I was hoping that the BOB deal would never get to this level.

My opinion; private clubs can "excuse" members if they don't play by the rules.....but that's just my personal thought process. I'd really rather not have to see this on a really well-intended, boating-focused website that I used to like reading when I wake up in the morning....

Can we get back to "which of these boats has the best attributes for what I intend to do..." or, ",my OX66 keeps bogging, I've cleaned all the filters but not opened the VST"..., or, "What would the the ideal bilge pump arrangements and float switch choices for a 32 Intrepid".... or, "How does the CLick to Clear process work, I am having trouble getting my Bahamas entry validated", or " Is it possible to run a boat from Orange Beach AL to the Bahamas in one day?"

The OP asks all about tainting forums, but ignores a lot of the "value added" content of the actual members which would be the only real reason for most clicks on the forum in the first place.

Alanis Morisette: "Isn't it Ironic",,,,,,,

and, I also "Sailsaverylot"....

NoDrama is the name of a friend's racing sailboat.
          As highlighted ,you can do that here in the boating section. It's not as popular as the off-topic section, not even close, but available for you if you choose to post in the correct category for that content.

Comment

Kick him. He's singlehandedly bringing the place down.
            Barefoot Boats
            [email protected]
            (386)256-6977

Comment

Originally posted by finsleft258 View Post
              He should keep his boating content in the right section, but I wouldn't say he's doing that.

Comment

He should keep his boating content in the right section, but I wouldn't say he's doing that.
                If I didn't know your history here and TOS, I would think you were a bot. I've never been able to understand a single argument you've made here or anywhere else. Half of the points you make, you refute with your actions moments later.
                Barefoot Boats
                [email protected]
                (386)256-6977

Comment

must resist the urge...

Comment

Originally posted by finsleft258 View Post
                  TROLL ALERT ! TROLL ALERT ! Nobody cares, repeat offender. 😀 He understands and plays dumb. 😀
                  Last edited by Sailsalot; 08-02-2022, 03:44 PM. Reason: Edited for spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Jughed View Post
                    must resist the urge...
                    I know, I know. You were wondering why the Troll finsleft258 wasn't playing by the rules posted or not. It's cause he don't have to. 😀

Comment

I know, I know. You were wondering why the Troll finsleft258 wasn't playing by the rules posted or not. It's cause he don't have to. 😀
                      I don't know Kemp, at this rate it will be you and me left, and to tell you the truth, I don't know that that will be that much fun for either of us.
                      I could play along, and engage with you, that is what you want, people to engage with you, but to what end? Seems to me that what is fun for you, is not much fun for other folks, you know this and don't care, doesn't seem very nice and neighborly.
                      A few folks have posted an opinion, and it would seem the ones that have, really don't want the drama being brought out, you tease, you bait, someone gets upset and it takes away from what the site is. We are not the other site or any other site, we are BoB, why ruin it for other folks because it isn't what you want or think it should be?
                      Engine Sales and Service
                      Ph +1 954.463.1515
                      Fx +1
                      Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
                      www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Working...
                      X