Is it adding up yet, anyone willing to admit they were scammed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust God! Not Man!

I trust neither Democrats or Republicans!
    Am I clear!

BWP

Comment

Originally posted by Jughed View Post
      Alpha/delta it worked just fine.

Omicron it helped.

Now it doesn’t do squat for the latest version.

my MIL/FIL, wife, son, SIL and nephew all just traveled to Norway for a cruise. My nephew, vaxxed and boosted, tested positive the morning of the flight. SIL showed up at the airport with him anyway and the crew went to Norway.

SIL and nephew couldn’t get on the cruise, so they are stuck in Copenhagen. Everyone else came down with it on the cruise, and they are all vaxxed and boosted.

Most, if not all, vaccines don’t work for mutations.
      This is not meant to be a slam on you, not in the least.. I just happened to have a conversation with some coworkers yesterday, including my boss and I brought this type situation up. This is the perfect example of why I can't go places. My boss asked me yesterday why I don't travel anymore. I said because my doctors have strenuously objected to me flying and/or travelling to places with high Covid community transmission rates. It's a "cold or flu" for those who are healthy, but someone like me, with blood cancer, I have no immune system, so over 50% of the population I am in, die from Covid, even Omicron variant.

Your SIL took a child, knowing they were sick with Covid, on a plane.. And, would have gone on a cruise, had that not been stopped. But, the rest of your family is sick now. So, this is why I can't chance it. Just yesterday, a child in my wife's teaching partners class came to school.. Didn't feel very well.. Come to find out, the child's mom has Covid and has been sick for 3 days.. She sent her kid to school anyway.. I just don't understand.. How did they find out? Social media..

I mean, I get it. It's no ones problem that I am sick with leukemia, but mine. But, because people just continue to go out and travel, eat at restaurants, etc.. with Covid, I can't even leave my house, with the exception of going to my office and shutting a door. I mean, I do go outside, obviously.. LOL..

I hope your family recovers quickly, with no problems..
      As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
      2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
      2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
      Mobile, Al.
      Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

• Tiretyme
        Tiretyme commented
        Editing a comment
        As sick as I was I’m still gun shy.
        Yes, I live a daily normal life like going to grocery, hardware, etc. but am not getting on a tube, ship or anything similar.
        I really feel for you Kyle. You have it so tough already without having to deal with Covid, that just isolates you even more.
        We all keep praying for a miracle breakthrough because advances are being made everyday

• KMac
        KMac commented
        Editing a comment
        I appreciate it, Joey. I just don't get it. I have lost faith in humanity, for a large part of it anyway. I never thought I'd see a day where people just don't care about the health and welfare of others. I mean, not even a little bit.

I rarely even talk about it anymore. I just accept it as my life. I'm tired of disagreement, and in a way, being told my life and the lives of people like me, don't matter. And, what hurt most, was that some of the most hateful people I saw and encountered were supposed to be brothers/sisters in Christ.

Of course, people disagree with that and say that's not the way it is, but actions speak far louder than words.

I raised my children to understand words are cheap, but actions are substantive. If your actions do not match your words, the words are useless. I am a very plain guy, probably bordering in banality. But, I'm not stupid.

I have all but given up that I will ever lead a normal life again. If it isn't Covid, it's something else. Fewer and fewer people want to take responsibility for their self or their actions.

Again, thanks for always thinking of me. I appreciate it.

Alpha/delta it worked just fine.

Omicron it helped.

Now it doesn’t do squat for the latest version.

my MIL/FIL, wife, son, SIL and nephew all just traveled to Norway for a cruise. My nephew, vaxxed and boosted, tested positive the morning of the flight. SIL showed up at the airport with him anyway and the crew went to Norway.

SIL and nephew couldn’t get on the cruise, so they are stuck in Copenhagen. Everyone else came down with it on the cruise, and they are all vaxxed and boosted.

Most, if not all, vaccines don’t work for mutations.
      We were going to book a European River Cruise and read the fine print concerning Pos CoVid test results while on the cruise, which is done daily. Upon a positive test, your cruise stops there. You get off the boat at whatever city you’re near and you’re done cruising.
      Did this happen to your family?
      It’s a risky time to travel outside the US, for various reasons, depending on the destination.
      Hope it works out well for your family returning home safely and uneventfully.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaCat22 View Post

We were going to book a European River Cruise and read the fine print concerning Pos CoVid test results while on the cruise, which is done daily. Upon a positive test, your cruise stops there. You get off the boat at whatever city you’re near and you’re done cruising.
        Did this happen to your family?
        It’s a risky time to travel outside the US, for various reasons, depending on the destination.
        Hope it works out well for your family returning home safely and uneventfully.
        Disney cruise, test three days prior. They only test after if you go to the doc on board, then they isolate you. My family didn’t go to the doc, it’s just like a mild cold for them, even the old grandparents.

thanks for the concern.

Comment

Originally posted by KMac View Post

This is not meant to be a slam on you, not in the least.. I just happened to have a conversation with some coworkers yesterday, including my boss and I brought this type situation up. This is the perfect example of why I can't go places. My boss asked me yesterday why I don't travel anymore. I said because my doctors have strenuously objected to me flying and/or travelling to places with high Covid community transmission rates. It's a "cold or flu" for those who are healthy, but someone like me, with blood cancer, I have no immune system, so over 50% of the population I am in, die from Covid, even Omicron variant.

Your SIL took a child, knowing they were sick with Covid, on a plane.. And, would have gone on a cruise, had that not been stopped. But, the rest of your family is sick now. So, this is why I can't chance it. Just yesterday, a child in my wife's teaching partners class came to school.. Didn't feel very well.. Come to find out, the child's mom has Covid and has been sick for 3 days.. She sent her kid to school anyway.. I just don't understand.. How did they find out? Social media..

I mean, I get it. It's no ones problem that I am sick with leukemia, but mine. But, because people just continue to go out and travel, eat at restaurants, etc.. with Covid, I can't even leave my house, with the exception of going to my office and shutting a door. I mean, I do go outside, obviously.. LOL..

I hope your family recovers quickly, with no problems..
          We have no clue why my very well educated, extremely intelligent SIL thought it was in any way a good idea to show up at the airport with a kid sick with Covid. No clue what so ever.

Everyone isolated/kept a low profile for the two weeks leading up to the trip… they did what they could to avoid the virus.

She showed up and proceeded to tell everyone the kid tested positive that morning. What do you do? Bags are checked, thru security… in line for boarding.

My FIL just recovered from cancer surgery, my MIL just had a pacemaker put in… and you bring a kid with Covid to sit next to them in a tube for 8 hours…

Comment

• bluewaterposer
            bluewaterposer commented
            Editing a comment
            Someone definitely not make sense?
            With my bout of '19 I masked up the very few times I went somewhere, and kept a good distance from people, not crowded where I went.

We have no clue why my very well educated, extremely intelligent SIL thought it was in any way a good idea to show up at the airport with a kid sick with Covid. No clue what so ever.

Everyone isolated/kept a low profile for the two weeks leading up to the trip… they did what they could to avoid the virus.

She showed up and proceeded to tell everyone the kid tested positive that morning. What do you do? Bags are checked, thru security… in line for boarding.

My FIL just recovered from cancer surgery, my MIL just had a pacemaker put in… and you bring a kid with Covid to sit next to them in a tube for 8 hours…

No offense, but just plain old selfishness.. Back around Christmas, when Covid was running rampant, my step-niece flew in from Texas. She wasn't feeling well.. Of course went to my Dad's and his wife's house. Well, her dad (my step brother) brought her there. She was at Baylor. She got everyone there sick with Covid. When asked why she would do that, she simply stated that she wasn't going to spend the holidays alone.. I just don't understand people sometimes..

I am thankful your family members are feeling okay.. Praying for a full recovery for them all..
          As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
          2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
          2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
          Mobile, Al.
          Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

I think it sucks your in that situation. It's bad that people do that but there are a number of people who travel that don't know they have it either. So even if everyone did the right thing and let's be honest they won't. It would still be risky.

That all said and unrelated every time someone gets sick everyone has covid. I swear no one gets the flu or the common cold or anything else now.

Comment

Working...
            X