Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where’d it all go Brandon? $$

And he wants more!

Here is the shocking truth: according to the website of a government oversight group set up under the 2020 American Cares Act, a mere $351.4 billion of the $5.4 trillion authorized by Congress to fight the pandemic, or less than one dollar in 10, was directed to health care.

Even more appalling: the government has only spent $192 billion of the roughly $303 billion directed to health care, including testing, leaving $111 billion.

In addition to those funds, Congress allocated $114 billion to FEMA’s disaster relief fund, tasking that agency with battling a health care crisis for the first time. Of that total, nearly $70 billion remains unspent. Why can’t the White House use those funds for testing?

What happened to the rest of the money approved by Congress? A whopping $844 billion was sent out as direct relief to Americans – all spent. A further $827 billion was directed to businesses under the Paycheck Protection Program, an effort to keep people employed and small firms afloat.

Another budget-busting slice of the pie, $674.3 billion, went to state and local governments. The Rescue Plan included $350 billion, which went to shore up failing (mostly) blue cities and states. The funds were allocated based on an unemployment formula that effectively rewarded local authorities for failing to keep businesses open and workers employed.

entire article here

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/bide...-more-liz-peek

Great question and I share your wonderment. Problem is we'll most probably never get and answer.

Comment

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Mucky View Post
        And he wants more!

In addition to those funds, Congress allocated $114 billion to FEMA’s disaster relief fund, tasking that agency with battling a health care crisis for the first time.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/bide...-more-liz-peek
        And FEMA has done so well in disaster relief------------.
        G.M.A.F.B.
        Engine Sales and Service
        Ph +1 954.463.1515
        Fx +1
        Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
        www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

Trump did it!

Comment

Underfunded blue city-state pensions we're bailed out!

Every body else has to save for they're own retirement.

Promise, promise, promise, but under fund, till Brandon bails it out, has I known what I know now, I'd be retired already, oh well, some one has to pay, may as well be me!

BWP

Comment

Working...
            X