Ron’s killing me

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ron’s killing me

    Every state needs a Ron for Governor and president

    The Stop Wrongs to Our Kids and Employees Act (Stop W.O.K.E. Act) will go "on the offense against both corporate wokeness and critical race theory in our schools," according to the release.

  • #2
    Our governor here....big presser today.... guessing more mask mandate bullshit....I'd take Ron in a minute 👍👍👍👍👍

    Comment


    • #3
      Masks don't work. We all know that.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Surfercross View Post
        Masks don't work. We all know that.
        That is an opinion. My wife is a first grade teacher and last year they wore masks.. She did not have 1, not a single flu, cold, Covid, nothing.. This year, no mask and it's like every year before.. Flu every week.. Colds, stomach bugs, and yes, Covid.. The only difference? Kids aren't in masks. Her class is set up exactly the same as last year, per State guidelines. So, a blanket statement saying masks do not work is an opinion..
        As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
        2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
        2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
        Mobile, Al.
        Dauphin Island, Al.

        Comment


        • SeaCat22
          SeaCat22 commented
          Editing a comment
          That is why doctors, surgeons and nurses wear them in the operating room. That is why there are HEPA filters on vacuum cleaners. That is why engines and air conditioners use air filters. Air filtration is effective.

        • Adam9066
          Adam9066 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's no a fair statement. That's like saying that's why having trucks have fuel filters and then in the next sentence saying well you don't need a fuel you can use a sock to filter your fuel. Yes there are tools for every job a t-shirt or dust mask is not for preventing covid19 so making a blanket statement that all masks work is about as silly as saying no masks work.

      • #5
        Originally posted by KMac View Post

        That is an opinion. My wife is a first grade teacher and last year they wore masks.. She did not have 1, not a single flu, cold, Covid, nothing.. This year, no mask and it's like every year before.. Flu every week.. Colds, stomach bugs, and yes, Covid.. The only difference? Kids aren't in masks. Her class is set up exactly the same as last year, per State guidelines. So, a blanket statement saying masks do not work is an opinion..
        Well I am not going to talk for everyone. But myself I was much more cautious last year and got tired of all the cautions so this year I'm not taking much precautions at all. I mean if I get it I get it. I am just sick and tired of all the precautions and BS. Perhaps others are of a similar mindset as me and the masks had nothing to do with it. Another possibility is people just don't like wearing a mask so they just stayed home more instead of going out and wearing a mask last year.
        Anyhow wear a mask if you think it helps but I will not unless it is required. If it is required again I will just stay home as much as possible...Charlie
        Greetings from Lake Hopatcong NJ / Milltown NJ

        Comment


        • #6
          Originally posted by KMac View Post

          That is an opinion. My wife is a first grade teacher and last year they wore masks.. She did not have 1, not a single flu, cold, Covid, nothing.. This year, no mask and it's like every year before.. Flu every week.. Colds, stomach bugs, and yes, Covid.. The only difference? Kids aren't in masks. Her class is set up exactly the same as last year, per State guidelines. So, a blanket statement saying masks do not work is an opinion..
          If you are inferring that this shows how effective masks are, I find it hard to believe that a little cloth covering can work such a miracle. This means we could have gone the last hundred years of no child being sick in school by simply wearing a mask.

          Comment


          • #7
            Originally posted by Sailsalot View Post

            If you are inferring that this shows how effective masks are, I find it hard to believe that a little cloth covering can work such a miracle. This means we could have gone the last hundred years of no child being sick in school by simply wearing a mask.
            I am inferring that. What else could it be? They are doing everything exactly the same, minus the masks, and the flu has returned. As well as, colds, viruses, etc. Anecdotal? Yes. Dismissed easily? No.

            As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
            2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
            2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
            Mobile, Al.
            Dauphin Island, Al.

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by KMac View Post

              I am inferring that. What else could it be? They are doing everything exactly the same, minus the masks, and the flu has returned. As well as, colds, viruses, etc. Anecdotal? Yes. Dismissed easily? No.
              Well, it could be that the kids are already sick before they get to school . And it could mean that when no kids at school are sick it is because they didn't come to school already sick.

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by KMac View Post

                I am inferring that. What else could it be? They are doing everything exactly the same, minus the masks, and the flu has returned. As well as, colds, viruses, etc. Anecdotal? Yes. Dismissed easily? No.
                Well "what else could it be" you ask. In my post above I told how I was much more cautious last year than I am now and how possibly others were too. Just saying the wearing of masks is not the only difference between this year and last. Fear kept people from traveling and socializing and just doing the normal things in life to a much greater extent last year than this year. At least that is the case for me and I suspect for others too. And there could be other variables involved. I just pointed out one...Charlie
                Greetings from Lake Hopatcong NJ / Milltown NJ

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by Surfercross View Post
                  Masks don't work. We all know that.
                  Beg to disagree. I busted out a glass case and grabbed a bunch of stuff from the local jewelers. They had no idea who I was. I squatted down low when I passed the height markers on the exit doors, that helped.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    I am not going to try to convince anyone who believes in masks that masks are useless. But by the same token no one can convince me that masks are not useless. And I certainly do resent being forced to wear one. As for the jab I feel the same way...Charlie
                    ​​​
                    Greetings from Lake Hopatcong NJ / Milltown NJ

                    Comment


                    • Ol Mucky
                      Ol Mucky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I just know that the only mask that can “stop” virus is N-95
                      Even then, the virus is much much smaller than the filtration device, but there is an “electrical” charge built in that helps stop the virus from passing through.
                      Largely little Timmy’s super man Tshirt and paper masks are useless. They do work for large particles, not viruses..
                      Surgeons wore them so they don’t/didnt sneeze or spray bacteria into a patients open body while hovering over the patient.
                      In fact, according to one cdc finding, the regular use of masks increased infections of covid
                      Last edited by Ol Mucky; 12-18-2021, 07:57 AM.

                    • V_Thirteen
                      V_Thirteen commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Surgeons wear masks to prevent them from trying to pick their nose during surgery. They forget they're wearing gloves which don't allow their fingernails to hook into a nose nugget, and their nose tickles even worse after the bugger is jammed deeper. The mask prevents this.

                  • #12
                    Originally posted by V_Thirteen View Post

                    Beg to disagree. I busted out a glass case and grabbed a bunch of stuff from the local jewelers. They had no idea who I was. I squatted down low when I passed the height markers on the exit doors, that helped.
                    When I go "shopping" I find it helps to wear a black hoodie and sunglasses along with my mask....

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      If I have to wear a mask in the store, I ain't paying for nothing.

                      Comment


                      • #14
                        I agree 100% with KMac! In a typical hospital setting, I have data from > 21 Clinical Studies that PROVE that surgical masks prevent transmission of viruses and diseases by > 90%, versus UNmasked. This is what I do for a living, and have been commercially releasing vaccines for > 20-years now.

                        However, with that said, the KEY POINT is that transmission can be accomplished by many other means, e.g., touch, via the eyes, or contact with other mucous membranes or bodily fluids. One study, expressly for Covid, showed eyeglass wearers to have up to 4X protection (in similar situations) over those who don't wear corrective lenses.

                        So the bottom line is yes, MASKS WORK, but like humans ... they alone are FAR from perfect. But alas, I fear that before this is all over and behind us ... sooner or later we all WILL get it ... which I is why I advise everyone older to get the vaccine. An archery friend almost died recently from getting Covid, even though he was in great shape for his age ...
                        Life is too short for an ugly boat!

                        Comment


                        • #15
                          Originally posted by DaleH View Post
                          I agree 100% with KMac! In a typical hospital setting, I have data from > 21 Clinical Studies that PROVE that surgical masks prevent transmission of viruses and diseases by > 90%, versus UNmasked. This is what I do for a living, and have been commercially releasing vaccines for > 20-years now.

                          However, with that said, the KEY POINT is that transmission can be accomplished by many other means, e.g., touch, via the eyes, or contact with other mucous membranes or bodily fluids. One study, expressly for Covid, showed eyeglass wearers to have up to 4X protection (in similar situations) over those who don't wear corrective lenses.

                          So the bottom line is yes, MASKS WORK, but like humans ... they alone are FAR from perfect. But alas, I fear that before this is all over and behind us ... sooner or later we all WILL get it... which I is why I advise everyone older to get the vaccine. An archery friend almost died recently from getting Covid, even though he was in great shape for his age ...
                          There you go. I have no medical expertise but I've said before that I think - " You have it, had it or will get it " I also have been vaccinated but I don't feel qualified to suggest any medical advice to others. I see that you are talking about surgical masks in your opening comment and simply " MASKS " in your later comments. It seems that any masks would not be a good choice for someone that has Covid because they would be breathing contaminated air by wearing one . While any mask may be helpful against contaminating someone else it would only be helpful while hurting oneself because it would only be useful ( in protecting others ) if a person has Covid.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X