Canada 'extremely disappointed' with U.S. decision to raise softwood lumber duty rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billinfla
    commented on 's reply
    LOL. Same price as other SPF lumber.

How the hell can they cut it, mill it, float it down the Rhine and across the ocean for that price???

• LFBB
    commented on 's reply
    Classy, the imported stuff!

• Billinfla
    replied
    I bought some really nice whitewood 2x4 last year. From Austria. Austria!!

Leave a comment:

• LFBB
    replied
    I'm at an impasse, both Biteme and Canada suck so I'll let them figure it out. My bet is they will both just use this as an excuse to raise tariffs, taxes, duties etc. "The US did this, so we're doing that, Canada did that so we're going to do this!". and so it goes.

Get ready to pay more either way.

Leave a comment:

• LFBB
    commented on 's reply
    Lmao!

• Billinfla
    replied
    Originally posted by CNC Boater View Post
    I think softwood goes into paper products - like toilet paper.
    A large part of framing is whitewood. Yellow Pine (SYP) is common for trusses, structural lumber, and especially treated lumber. Paper doesn't care what it is made from.

Leave a comment:

• jmike
    replied
    Originally posted by Ol Mucky View Post
    didnt the US trash trump when he did this?
    Orange man bad!...do bad things....put US first.... Brandon will save us!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ol Mucky
    replied
    didnt the US trash trump when he did this?

Leave a comment:

• CNC Boater
    replied
    I think softwood goes into paper products - like toilet paper.

Leave a comment:

• Autonomous
    replied
    Lumber prices... wow. I just bought 23 linear feet of clear, flatsawn 1x8 Doug Fir for $103. It is perfect, not even a tiny knot but damn.

Leave a comment:

• blaster
    replied
    This has been an issue for years. The tariff is a bit extreme though, like everything else Brandon is doing.

Leave a comment:

• Still Learning
    replied
    Are you saying this administration did something good for us?

Leave a comment:

• Sans Peur
    replied
    Don't dump into the market and they won't put a large tarrif on your products.

Leave a comment:

• Goose77
    replied
    My heart hurts bad for them. Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!

Leave a comment:

• Canada 'extremely disappointed' with U.S. decision to raise softwood lumber duty rate

(Reuters) -The United States has decided to almost double the duties on Canadian softwood lumber from most producers to 17.9%, Canadian Trade Minister Mary Ng said on Wednesday, adding that Canada is "extremely disappointed." Ng said that the U.S. Department of Commerce on Wednesday issued the final results of the second administrative reviews of its anti-dumping and countervailing duty orders regarding certain softwood lumber products from Canada. “Canada is extremely disappointed that the United States has decided to increase the unfair duties it is imposing on Canadian softwood lumber from most producers to 17.9%," Ng said in a statement.
Working...
X