Inflation etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publix limiting purchase of common staple goods..
    https://mynbc15.com/news/nation-worl...&utm_campaign=
    As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
    2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
    Mobile, Al.
    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

• They are destroying the economy as part of their evil plan to bring order out of chaos. Power has been so consolidated that the people have become apathetic and just capitulate. The simultaneous Psy Ops along with the WWW and social media keep us all distracted and in conflict with each other.

It is time to put on your holy armor if you haven’t already. If you don’t think you need Gods help with our world today then woe to you.
      2010 Sea Ray 205 Boston Whaler dauntless 15 W/75 merc 14' Shakespeare Wondercraft W/Merc110 17' Gheenoe W/Johnson 4.5 Other assorted watercraft

Comment

• Boat Bum
        Boat Bum
        Senior Swabby
        Boat Bum commented
        Editing a comment
        What's god gonna do? I'd rather prepare.

• blaster
        blaster commented
        Editing a comment
        The saying goes “God helps those who help themselves.” Preparedness is great but your soul must also be strong to navigate complicated points of view and the resulting confusion.

• Inflation:
      It's a nasty word.
      The powers to be in Gubment ain't talking about it.
      WELL. It's HERE.
      Christmas tree? Yup.
      Poinsettas? Yup
      Sum bitch.
      Engine Sales and Service
      Ph +1 954.463.1515
      Fx +1
      Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
      www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• I heard on Fox this am that the cost to produce beer cans is going up 50%--Now I'm PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by erie skipper View Post
        I heard on Fox this am that the cost to produce beer cans is going up 50%--Now I'm PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Do you now get .10 back per can instead of .5 in Ohio?
        My old boss would buy cases of beer to do the trip South on the bote, save the cans and take them home to Mi to return them and get the $$$.
        Engine Sales and Service
        Ph +1 954.463.1515
        Fx +1

[email protected]
        www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• Ol Mucky
          Ol Mucky commented
          Editing a comment
          I worked at Winn Dixie and Publix as a boy in FL...both places one of my roles was bottle return
          Man did I stack sooooooooooooooo many 8 packs of 16oz Coke and RC bottles

BTW, MI still does it don't they?

• Tiretyme
          Tiretyme
          C/O Pressure Checker
          Tiretyme commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s an Andy question

• erie skipper
          erie skipper
          Great Lakes Swami
          erie skipper commented
          Editing a comment
          All we get in Ohio is whatever the recycling place will give us. So our condo association picks up cans from all of us each month and we use the money for swimming pool supplies.

• ---
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20211206_142517.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	145621
        Engine Sales and Service
        Ph +1 954.463.1515
        Fx +1

[email protected]
        www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• I think its going to be a rough Christmas.
          Was at Target earlier. $325. For wrapping paper, cat food, some batteries and not a full cart.
          Shelves were not full and the place was not that busy.
          Engine Sales and Service
          Ph +1 954.463.1515
          Fx +1

[email protected]
          www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• In the last year
            Beef prices have risen by 21%. Crude oil up 55%. Dimensional lumber, 35%. Wheat, 37%. Sugar, 33%. Corn, 39%. Palm Oil, 43%. The price of coffee has risen 108% in the last year. Oats are up 114%. Packages are smaller.
            shite is real

Comment

• Stopped into Publix today to grab some a few items and happened upon the meat dept where they had standing rib roast for 6.99 lb —:got one, and beef tenderloin for 15.99lb — grabbed two of those. Haven’t seen either priced close to that for a while so I’m all set on the red meat for Christmas.

Ole, you and KMac gotta give me the rib roast recipe again. I haven’t cooked one of those since y’all graciously sent me one for Christmas two years ago.
              2022 34’ Fountain w/ trip 300 Mercs
              Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

• V_Thirteen
                V_Thirteen
                Senior Swabby
                V_Thirteen commented
                Editing a comment
                Pretty sure Publix puts prime rib on sale every year at this time. It's our traditional Christmas Eve meal.

I always get a couple extra for the freezer. Smoked one in the Kamado last year, turned out pretty tasty.

• Click image for larger version

Name:	B9CA9EE5-7BD1-40F0-8D0B-1D9F978B2DDB.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	2.58 MB
ID:	146654
              Just the last 2 months

Comment

• Some please explain to me how raising the interest rates shrinks inflation?
              And.
              Now that they are talking about it. I guess we have it.
              Good times----.
              Engine Sales and Service
              Ph +1 954.463.1515
              Fx +1

[email protected]
              www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• Ol Mucky
                Ol Mucky commented
                Editing a comment
                I heard it was anyone can just keep borrowing at stupid low rates. That pumps more and more money into the system. Causing higher demand and higher prices. It wasn’t designed for long term or trillions and trillions pumped in by .gov

Rememebr 12-16% car and home loans? We could be on our way

• This is how you increase taxes without actually increasing taxes.

Democrat style.
              Take all the wealthiest American families total net worth and it wouldn't make an appreciable difference in how the Federal government spends- manages money-taxes!

This free idea has got to go, the EITC is the worst thing ever!

BWP

Comment

• Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
                Some please explain to me how raising the interest rates shrinks inflation?
                And.
                Now that they are talking about it. I guess we have it.
                Good times----.
                Increasing the base interest rate raises the cost of borrowing for commercial banks. By default, they pass that on to us, the direct borrower. People stop spending money on things they don't need. With more cash held in bank accounts and less being spent, money supply tightens and demand for goods drops. Lower demand for goods should make them cheaper, lowering inflation. Now, is this going to work in our case? The inflation we are seeing has more to do with flooding the system with "printed" money at the same time we have a supply problem. The government and Federal Reserve are just flooding the market with money that has no value attached to it. Add to that the limited supply, it's a mess.

There is also transitory inflation, which is some of what we are seeing in certain arenas. Travel, lodging, etc.. People are getting out after being at home from Covid. So, high demand, limited supply..
                As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
                2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
                2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
                Mobile, Al.
                Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

• Originally posted by KMac View Post

Increasing the base interest rate raises the cost of borrowing for commercial banks. By default, they pass that on to us, the direct borrower. People stop spending money on things they don't need. With more cash held in bank accounts and less being spent, money supply tightens and demand for goods drops. Lower demand for goods should make them cheaper, lowering inflation. Now, is this going to work in our case? The inflation we are seeing has more to do with flooding the system with "printed" money at the same time we have a supply problem. The government and Federal Reserve are just flooding the market with money that has no value attached to it. Add to that the limited supply, it's a mess.

There is also transitory inflation, which is some of what we are seeing in certain arenas. Travel, lodging, etc.. People are getting out after being at home from Covid. So, high demand, limited supply..
                So wait------.
                We raise interest rates, people slow down on buying, causing the suppliers to lower prices, of which they are still paying high for because of supply and production issues, which means if people buy less, then the folks selling don't need as meany people to sell, which causes layoffs---------.
                Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so these are where all those "new" jobs are coming from------that this "free money/infrastructure" bill will give us.
                At the end of the day, the working class folks are gonna take it in the stones.
                Where is my life jacket?
                Engine Sales and Service
                Ph +1 954.463.1515
                Fx +1

[email protected]
                www.parkeryacht.com

Comment

• Originally posted by KMac View Post

Increasing the base interest rate raises the cost of borrowing for commercial banks. By default, they pass that on to us, the direct borrower. People stop an remember money on things they don't need. With more cash held in bank accounts and less being spent, money supply tightens and demand for goods drops. Lower demand for goods should make them cheaper, lowering inflation. Now, is this going to work in our case? The inflation we are seeing has more to do with flooding the system with "printed" money at the same time we have a supply problem. The government and Federal Reserve are just flooding the market with money that has no value attached to it. Add to that the limited supply, it's a mess.

I can remember trying to sell boats during the Jimmy Carter inflation.
                  lnterest rates @ %21, sure deflated the boat business.

Comment

Working...
                  X