How do you organize your tackle???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you organize your tackle???

I'm looking for some sort of a system to get my tackle organized. I have everything in one of those big plastic bins right now. It's about 24" x 16" and it's overflowing. I like all kinds of fishing -- inshore, offshore trolling for kings, bottom fishing. My regular tackle box can't begin to hold everything I use and to use it for a particular trip means taking stuff out and replacing it with other stuff for the targeted species. Any ideas?

Originally posted by Frankie251 View Post
    I'm looking for some sort of a system to get my tackle organized. I have everything in one of those big plastic bins right now. It's about 24" x 16" and it's overflowing. I like all kinds of fishing -- inshore, offshore trolling for kings, bottom fishing. My regular tackle box can't begin to hold everything I use and to use it for a particular trip means taking stuff out and replacing it with other stuff for the targeted species. Any ideas?
    I have a big orange waterproof box that I keep all my offshore fishing tackle in.. I pre-rig everything for bottom fishing and live bait drifting. They are in a type of sealable bag, similar to ziploc but much thicker. I label them such as snapper, trigger, live bait drift, etc..

As far as inshore fishing, I have a large Plano tackle organizer that i take with me. I have had/kept the same (basically) tackle box for years and I know where everything is.

https://www.amazon.com/Plano-131252-...11958636&psc=1

2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's
    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
    Mobile, Al.
    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

I use multiple of these for each area.
      Skirts.
      Small troll.
      Med troll.
      Large troll.Bottom.
      Etc.
      https://www.planomolding.com/fishing/storage/waterproof
      Engine Sales and Service
      Ph +1 954.463.1515
      Fx +1
      Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
      www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
        I use multiple of these for each area.
        Skirts.
        Small troll.
        Med troll.
        Large troll.Bottom.
        Etc.
        https://www.planomolding.com/fishing/storage/waterproof
        Well, I'm in a freshwater region now so its:

Spinners
        Crankbaits
        Spoons
        Jigs
        Worms
        Creatures
        etc.

Comment

One box does not do it for me. I have one what I call a rigging box with spools of line for leaders, swivels, snaps, fish finder slides, beads and such. One box for sinkers. One box with a variety of floats. One of these https://www.planomolding.com/fishing...-tackle-system
          with a few extra of these https://www.planomolding.com/fishing...ustrictor-3700 With different types of lures that I change out depending on the type of fishing I am doing. And another box or two with other items needed for fishing...Charlie
          Greetings from Lake Hopatcong NJ / Milltown NJ

Comment

A bucket or three with with five gallon bucket rubber cup holders, some mesh lure bags for plugs and skirts, Stanley organizers from Home Depot for bottom stuff, a bunch of old tackle boxes, whatever other piece of plastic I might find lying around! Can you say scattered??
            ’21 Fountain 38’ Tournament Edition
            Triple Merc 400’s

Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BE5CFC0A-16B7-4E60-9BCC-C452AEC2AD8E.jpeg
Views:	204
Size:	275.4 KB
ID:	60310 Here’s my bucket of mahi and wahoo rigs. Click image for larger version

Name:	4F53DAD3-0E2D-4590-9606-C91EB4E9FC8C.jpeg
Views:	221
Size:	268.1 KB
ID:	60309

2 rows of holes, each row has 16 holes. Couple holes in bottom so I can spray them down and it drains.

Comment

I'm working on under learning post storage some slides to fit Plano 3700 series boxes.
                Tease!
                BWP

Comment

Bought a bunch of lure bags off Ebay for trolling lures and whatnot. Got a big yellow bag from Bass Pro that I cram the lure bags, pliers, etc in for each trip. Usually has what I need. Also pre-tie leaders and hooks, loop them and secure with Scotch tape They go in zip-locs sorted by size.

The big yellow bag makes it easy to forget everything at once. Yep, I've done it.

Comment

What worked for me was getting as orange waterproof box, as KMac pointed out. It saved me a ton of space because I can carry many more things in 1 box instead of several.

You should be able to get one yourself, they are not too expensive and def worth getting.
                    I love sailing and I sure like big boats! I was always passionate about renting dubai yachts, that's a dream of mine.

Comment

I have a great way to store stuff on my boat. It’s under $70 and it works 2X better than I hoped it would.

Plano rolling work station 826-000.

I keep trays in the bottom section, tackle in the drawers, and knives, misc in the top. It’s on wheels so you can move it wherever you want it. I have had mine for 5+ years and it’s loaded with a lot of stuff and it is still in perfect shape. It costs a fraction of a custom tackle center and if you break it it’s only $60 to replace it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have one of these I call my bitch bag.
                        it has my most common hooks and jigs
                        easy to throw in the bucket, boat, on the bridge, canoe etc

https://www.cabelas.com/product/CABE...4.uts?slotId=3

One of these just for lead and all my hooks and sabikis for saltwater

https://www.amazon.com/Plano-PLAB351...tackle+&sr=8-5

I have a soft bag for trollers

mesh ditty bag for leader material

Ive downsized from big tackle boxes considerably
                        im much more efficient this way.

Comment

I use Plano in milk crates. They fit perfect and are easy to store. The Plano are bone dry too!

Comment

Originally posted by Nas130 View Post
                            I use Plano in milk crates. They fit perfect and are easy to store. The Plano are bone dry too!
                            Great idea and welcome!!!
                            2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's
                            2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
                            Mobile, Al.
                            Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

I have a West Marine blacktop tackle "box". Holds 4 Plano boxes. Replaced the standard clear boxes with the water tight ones. Holds hooks and little crap. Have a box that was meant to hold like ten smaller boxes of photos/recipe cards. Have different hooks in there.
                              Duplicate lures or ones I don't use much stay in Craftsman box

Name:	076174816587_09729813~2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	86118
                              on the boat, black Bart micros I put in normal Plano. I cut out some of the dividers to allow for leaders.

For hooks, swivels, little stuff I have a couple of these

Name:	840538101653~2.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	86119

Because I go between 2 boats, I have a 5 gallon bucket I toss box of BB's in and anything else I might need.

Comment

Working...
                              X