Anyone Catching Fishes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Cobia. That is going to taste gooood!

Comment

• Smitty45
      Smitty45 commented
      Editing a comment
      Eating some tonight , I'll let you know .

• Originally posted by bluewaterposer View Post
    Good on fish, sorry on the pain!

Want to meet up this week at the Pig? I'm off for the week

BWP
    Yes I'm in , I PM'ed Bstnfan too .

Comment

• Originally posted by Sans Peur View Post
      Nice Cobia. That is going to taste gooood!
      OK , this was fantastic ! I dipped the Cobia in heavy cream , rolled it in real Parmesan cheese , then sprinkled honey garlic and garlic citrus and basil from Sams club over it . Baked it at 425 for 24 minutes and it was Delicious !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smitty45 View Post

OK , this was fantastic ! I dipped the Cobia in heavy cream , rolled it in real Parmesan cheese , then sprinkled honey garlic and garlic citrus and basil from Sams club over it . Baked it at 425 for 24 minutes and it was Delicious !!!
        I guess the Pig would be a downgrade after Cobia!
        Still in, few days warning, ha, ha, is all I need .

BWP

Comment

• Smitty45
          Smitty45 commented
          Editing a comment
          Barbeque is always good !

• Man, I am so jealous. Cobia is one of my Top 3 fish to eat.

Comment

• Tiretyme
          Tiretyme commented
          Editing a comment
          What’s your others?
          My numero uno is Scamp!
          Usually have to run 40-45 miles out over rocky bottom to catch those puppies.
          Basically fish areas where it looks like blue fuzz on very bottom. Or at least with equipment I’m accustomed to using

• Smitty45
          Smitty45 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have yet to try Scamp . Wahoo would be up there , along with fresh Grouper .

• KMac
          KMac commented
          Editing a comment
          I love Ling, too.. Also Scamp.. But, Pompano and Tilefish are "fantastico".. Tripletail... Man, lots of good fish to eat. I miss fishing..

• Fresh grouper, Wahoo and Cobia are my top 3. I will say that sheepshead can place up there as well.

Comment

• We caught a nice flounder and a decent red the other day and made tacos.

Comment

• Couple of days late but better late than never.
            I had an old buddy in town from Tennessee. Twenty years ago before he moved north my boat never hit the water unless he was in it so we went offshore Saturday.

The new electronics were almost finished and I was working on some wiring until late Friday night. But that's another thread I need to start.

Headed out around 6:30 and had to go south to keep out of the safety zone for the Artemis Launch (yea right, like I expected that to happen). We got out to Pelican Flats and water looked decent so we slowed down and put lines out. Scatter weed patches, flying fish spooking up and a few birds working some of the patches. Within 5 minutes we get a solid knock down and game on. 15 seconds later it comes loose and we find the trailer hook is missing. Tackle failure. While we are looking at it another line drops and runs for about 10 seconds and goes slack. This time everything is still there, except the ballyhoo.
            These two scenarios repeated them selves all day. The only thing we could keep buttoned up were friggin Barracuda. End of the day 5 Barracuda and 8 misses with either a tackle failure or just plain old misses.

I unloaded and brought home everyone of my lure bags and will redo each set. New hooks, line and stinger rigs. I hate missing fish because of old tackle or dull hooks.

Comment

• Caught a redfish again
              made tacos
              Click image for larger version

Name:	50EFBFE5-1C0C-40BF-82CB-106B6F6B4CD4.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	170639

Name:	826514BF-37B9-4631-9DE3-26169EEDC847.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	4.49 MB
ID:	170638

Name:	167733EA-B6F4-4A56-9788-049319E278E9.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	170640

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2365.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	170888

Friday was annual take the guys to the Bay fishing.

Lotta hiccups just getting to the fishing part. Started Thursday on way down when AC in Suburban died. Then the one marina hotel (just bought out by one of the big conglomerates) had my reservation screwed up, gave rooms to another guy with same last name. Other marina hotel owner I've known for years bailed me out. Charter boat moved to new marina, couldn't find it for a bit Friday morning.

Finally get on the boat around 5:45 Friday morning, new captain (I had never been told the boat I've been fishing on for like 20 years was sold) and first words out of his mouth are "Sorry to say guys but the fishing's been a little rough. Caught 2 Rock all day yesterday. But we'll catch lots of catfish" I hate catfish.

First 3 hours, nothing but catfish. I didn't even touch a rod.
                Ebb tide hits and captain says "Gonna be slow for the next hour till we get current back, we'll just hang out here."

He no sooner says that and one of the kids catches a nice striper. Then all hell broke loose and in the next <30 minutes we put 22 striper in the box. All nice fish. 6 over 30", most every other one over 24". Ended up with 19 catfish & 22 rock.

All's well that ends well.
                Bob

S Central PA

Comment

• Slough
                  Slough commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Glad it worked out

• Hectic as all get out but great ending to crazy start!
                2021 Blackwood, twin 300 Mercs
                Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

Working...
                X