• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211113_190233.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	143179
    DInner tonight, Speckled Perch, caught yesterday by Son, he catches all kinds-types of fish, well rounded Son.

BWP

Comment

• Slough
      Slough commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good

• blaster
      blaster commented
      Editing a comment
      Perch are one of my favorite fishes. Yum yum. Nice son you have there.

• We went out Sunday , eight Muttons , two Amberjacks , five Yellowtails and a huge porgy . Lost a big cow Dolphin that hit my squid on the way down , on my three way rig . I had a thirty foot leader and hadn't put my gloves on yet , I couldn't hold on to the line , it got in the anchor rode , then the chum bag , and my friend missed gaffing it twice , then it flipped off . Cut my hand up pretty good , LOL .

Also , the first stop , the Rankin , held about two thousand Blue runners , or so it seemed , LOL .

It poured on us on the way in , so no pictures .

Comment

• Originally posted by Smitty45 View Post
      We went out Sunday , eight Muttons , two Amberjacks , five Yellowtails and a huge porgy . Lost a big cow Dolphin that hit my squid on the way down , on my three way rig . I had a thirty foot leader and hadn't put my gloves on yet , I couldn't hold on to the line , it got in the anchor rode , then the chum bag , and my friend missed gaffing it twice , then it flipped off . Cut my hand up pretty good , LOL .

Also , the first stop , the Rankin , held about two thousand Blue runners , or so it seemed , LOL .

It poured on us on the way in , so no pictures .
      Glad someone got out there!!
      Sounds like a good day
      2021 Blackwood, twin 300 Mercs
      Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

• Went out of Port Canaveral and it was lake Atlantic. Ran out to 160' of water and hit a small temp break. I ran back and forth through the break and picked up a few small Bonito, decent little Wahoo and a big Blackfin. We had a large hit and it started smoking drag. Within about10 seconds my buddy felt another shock on the line and it went slack. We reeled in and the line was cut clean at the swivel. I had a bird teaser with 3 shirts behind it and the bait about 2' behind it. I figure a wahoo hit the bait and another one chased him and hit the bird cutting the line. The bite petered out so we went a little deeper. In 220' we found another temp break and weed line. Picked up two small dolfin on it and lost a couple more.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0534.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	534.3 KB
ID:	146253

Name:	20211211_101433.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	146252

Name:	20211211_140619.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	146254

Name:	20211211_103114.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	146255
        Attached Files

Comment

• Tiretyme
          Tiretyme commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice Hoo & Dolphin!!!
          Glad you got out on the water😊

• Nice work!

Comment

• My son landed his first real game fish…

Name:	E41F545B-F848-4A23-96C7-30A535D99D47.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	3.65 MB
ID:	146488

Name:	2C2F1169-7E89-4D91-95F4-1CAEB7872A1E.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	3.75 MB
ID:	146490
          Attached Files

Comment

• Tiretyme
            Tiretyme commented
            Editing a comment
            Absolutely wonderful!!
            What a great moment, congratulations!!!

• MikeO
            MikeO commented
            Editing a comment
            Fantastic work. Great gear for him to be using, the light stuff makes it soo much more enjoyable for kids

• Jughed
            Jughed commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks all… this was a great trip for the both of us. First time on the Pacific, first time trolling/gamefishing for him.

1/2 trip on a 25+ year old Grady white… capt spoke one word of English - mahi mahi. He was awesome, set the drag light for the boy, let us handle the fish…

No fish finder, no fancy screens, no radar…VHF and lat/long numbers…

• This one wasn't getting away! went 7 from 8 in an hour by myself

Comment

• Once the water gets below 50* the bite pretty much stops unless you find warm water discharge or go deep and are very patient. I’m jealous of you guys down south.
            2010 Sea Ray 205 Boston Whaler dauntless 15 W/75 merc 14' Shakespeare Wondercraft W/Merc110 17' Gheenoe W/Johnson 4.5 Other assorted watercraft

Comment

• Originally posted by blaster View Post
              Once the water gets below 50* the bite pretty much stops unless you find warm water discharge or go deep and are very patient. I’m jealous of you guys down south.
              I'm actually looking for cold water breaks especially during spring and summer

Comment

• Sans Peur
                Sans Peur commented
                Editing a comment
                From the hook setup, you were obviously HST. Where abouts and at what speeds were you running?

I have a couple of International 50's with bent buts and some cow bells. I just haven't been very successful with them.

• I was actually just straightlining it back to Normans cay from a deep drop spot in the top of the Exumas sound. I had high speeded the whole way up zigging and zagging for zero bites. it was getting late so I put out 3 rods and was doing about 14 knots. I had 2 triples and a double hookup and called it quits as it was plenty of fish for the 15 of the bosses guests.

Ive caught a lot of fish on the cowbell including a couple of really big Mahi and a big fat blue marlin. Great lures but i find the fish often shake the hook a bit more than the smaller lighter islanders I prefer for high speeding.

Comment

• I have a couple of the islander lures and have tried to run them some. So far not much luck with any of it. My best Wahoo come off a big braid lure trolled at 8 mph right off the corner.

Comment

• Yesterday Levi and I got up at 3:30 am for an adventure.
                  We targeted woodducks at first light
                  only 5 came into the pond and not in range
                  Then drove to a management area to hunt dove
                  Tons of dove, but HORRENDOUSLY skiddish.
                  A dude told us to go to the fields late in the afternoon set up under a tree and fire away.

Then we went for the crappie
                  did pretty decent. We tried to keep only 10”+ but the bite was soo soft they would end up swallowing the hook so we kept them

Overall it was a helluva a day. Never boring and we learned a ton

fwiw, woodys fly FAST

Comment

• Ol Mucky
                    Ol Mucky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Funny you mention that.
                    This trip wouldn’t have worked with him
                    But, I told Levi we need to bring him to the dove fields. I think he has the ability to be a pointer/flusher based on how he smells and reacts to the dove in the yards.

• duckfish
                    duckfish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just so you’re prepared for it….
                    Doves don’t give off a lot of scent, so kind of a tough bird to start a pup off with. Plus most dogs are not fans of retrieving them. Tons of wispy, downy feathers.

Are gators an issue where you were duck hunting?

• Ol Mucky
                    Ol Mucky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh yea, def gators.
                    We’ve got too many of them.

• There is so cold outside can't go for fishing outside... But i am missing those days while we went for fishing.
                  Local New Orleans tours for fun lovers!!

Comment

• blaster
                    blaster commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Where are you located? Around my area in Virginia they will be stocking trout soon. My friends up in NY said the lake near them isn’t really safe for ice fishing yet.

• Bro caught one of those pesky silver propfish.it put up quite a fight.in the end, bro won.

Comment

• Went out fishing for the first time saturday morning and other than a 3” flounder we caught nothing. Tried in a few spots in and around St Lucie inlet with frozen shrimp (bait shop has no fresh), croakers and a few lures. But from what I saw none of the boats around were catching. It was a breezing morning. But I loved being out on my boat. Can’t wait to get out again.

Attached Files

Comment

• Slough
                      Slough commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Glad you got out

• Bstnsportsfan
                      Bstnsportsfan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I need to get back and get redemption on those fish. It’s certainly a learning process.

• Tiretyme
                      Tiretyme commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What’s that saying? Patience is virtue?
                      Rome wasn’t built in a day but it did become an empire
                      You’ll get this down pat—promise!!
                      There’s not a one of us who started slaying them on day 1, week 1 or month 1, but eventually you will.
                      Invite some guys from your area to go fishing with you and you’ll learn a bunch
                  Working...
                  X