Anyone Catching Fishes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is awesome! Never heard of the yellow tail kingfish so I looked it up. Big mistake...just add it to the bucket list.

Regarded by many experienced saltwater anglers as, pound for pound, the toughest fish in the sea, the yellowtail kingfish has a distribution that takes in the inshore waters of the southern half of the Australian mass. This spread extends roughly from Hervey Bay, Queensland, to Shark Bay, Western Australia, and also takes in sections of the Tasmanian coast. A big fast growing schooling fish, the king – as it is aptly known – has been recorded at weights in excess of 50 kgs.

Also found in New Zealand, in the eastern Pacific off southern California and in the Sea of Japan, the kingfish has a close genetic relationship with the amberjack and Samson fish. In “overlap” locations such as offshore reefs in southern Queensland the fish identification skills of anglers have been put to the test when all three have been taken during the same session.

Anglers with the experience to make the call rate the kingfish as the greater challenge. It has a deeper bag of dirty tricks than relatives; hooked kingfish make a beeline for any structure and actually rub against underwater objects in efforts to dislodge lures.

Besides size, strength, a backstreets knowledge of its surrounds, and availability, the things making the kingfish such prime quarry for lurefishers are its aggressive disposition and at times a complete lack of caution. Almost a death wish.

Comment

• It's the fish that made me fishing crazy! I have now travelled the world as a professional crewman and captain and kingfish are still in my top 5 favourite fish to catch. Same family as an amberjack but they could pull an AJ backwards.

They taste pretty bloody good as well. Some of you may have heard of Hamachi. I like them sashimi, blackened or in a green curry.

Comment

• How’s your Dad?
        Back in hospital from Uber crash?

Nice fish!!
        ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s Sold
        ’20 Invincible 35’ Cat, Quad Merc V8’s on order
        Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

• Not that great

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeO View Post
            Not that great
            Sorry to hear that. I hope things get better.
            I'll still take a cab, thank you.
            Engine Sales and Service
            Ph +1 954.463.1515
            Fx +1
            Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
            www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191109_130304775.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	66379
              Yesterday just fresh fishing to be on son's boat!
              BWP

Comment

• What are you fishing for there Bwp. Looks nice and peaceful

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeO View Post
                  What are you fishing for there Bwp. Looks nice and peaceful
                  Speckled Perch, or whatever else hooks up, typically using the boats as much as possible, salt or fresh.

The one near thing of living in Okeechobee, variety.
                  10 minutes to fresh, 1 hour to salt.
                  BWP

Comment

• Had a good run over from Florida to Nassau via some favourite spots. 6 wahoo to about 45lb, 2 Barry's for the boys and a mahi mahi gaffed to freedom.

Comment

• Damn! Wish I could get out to fish but its been to rough so I have been doing a lot of surfing.

Comment

• Comment

• I spy a Yeti bucket.

Comment

• Set up for chasing some Hoo’s?
                            ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s Sold
                            ’20 Invincible 35’ Cat, Quad Merc V8’s on order
                            Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Comment

• Lots of pics dissapeared....... Lots of wahoo last weekend. All th inshore species this week in the cays and then crushed the wahoo this morning. Will put some pics up later on

Comment

• Stinky pinky and the alien. These are BIG Lures!

a good one from friday

this one pulled the crimp out of the trolling weight on our short line and the long rod caught it when the lead started to sink. We still got the fish!

Saturday morning they were chewing!

Did a trip to the pigs on sunday via a popular dive site

The pigs seemed happy

Comment

Working...
                                X