Anyone Catching Fishes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Catching Fishes?

Haven't had much of a chance here, I've been busy and GOM has been wet, bumpy or both.
    Hope to change that mode by weekend!

How about y'all?
    ’21 Fountain 38’ Tournament Edition
    Triple Merc 400’s

Fairhope & Orange Beach, AL

Well, since it's on day 3 of this 30 day 30 night thing, it is nt going be nice this week.
    However, I am heading across Friday, fish gotta eat, right?
    Two weeks ago I went out, water was warm, lot's of Barracuda, and YT on the drop, off Riding Rocks.
    Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
    www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Lot of friends limited out on snapper during the season (what a joke). Wasn't able to make it a single day. Inshore wasn't very good last week end from what I have heard.
      Small town S. W. Ga./St. James Fl.

Comment

https://content.govdelivery.com/acco...letins/1a00ec1
        Small town S. W. Ga./St. James Fl.

Comment

Originally posted by Slough View Post
          Lot of friends limited out on snapper during the season (what a joke). Wasn't able to make it a single day. Inshore wasn't very good last week end from what I have heard.
          Went this morning - Orange Beach, AL
          Caught red snapper limit but they were small compared to our usual state waters trips.
          Had son-in-law swing by and check a some of our federal water spots just S of state boundary (about 4nm's) before hand - all biggies there.
          You're correct, the federal 3-day season is/was a joke........and a racket!
          Triple Merc 400’s

Comment

Just got back from fishing. Went out of Boca Raton.I ran east to about 2000 feet and but the lines out for some trolling. I didn't see much on the way out so we were just blind trolling. I kept me eye out for any signs of fish and sure enough I see some birds so I troll to that area and it was on. My wife and I caught 20 school size dolphins. I couldn't believe haw many were around the boat. We drifted for a hour and the dolphin never left. It was a great day!!

Comment

Everybody in Miami seems to be limiting out on dolphin. My nephew and his friends limited out in 4 hours on Wednesday. All schoolies.

I went out of PB Inlet yesterday for a few hours with my wife and trolled south down to Lake Worth pier, from 450' to 120'. We found weeds in 120 but no fish. No birds and only saw a couple of baitfish. Caught one large cuda on a wire but didn't see much of anything else. Didn't look like anyone else, of the few boats out were catching anything either. Got rained out by 2:00.

Comment

Nice work!!
                Triple Merc 400’s

Comment

Nice day surfer. By the way what are the limits for mahi in Florida? Is there a size limit or just a # limit?

Comment

PY Fishing Team went out yesterday, (It's a motley crew) ran out to 18 miles, nada, came back in to 850' saw some birds, fish on.
                    Lost a big bull trolling home.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5660.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	32945Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5664.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	32944
                    Engine Sales and Service
                    Ph +1 954.463.1515
                    Fx +1

[email protected]
                    www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Originally posted by Bstnsportsfan View Post
                      Nice day surfer. By the way what are the limits for mahi in Florida? Is there a size limit or just a # limit?
                      10 per person and 20" unless it's changed again......

Comment

• Bstnsportsfan
                        Bstnsportsfan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sorry, auto correct changed "sailfish" to surfer. Thanks for providing limits.

Took couple friends today who were here in town from Baton Rouge for the 4th - Limited out on Ling and ARS. Only took a pic of one guy though, I was beat. Told them to have at the photos because I had clean up to do.

Did break a rod today, I did it. Had to be a big AJ and when I clamped down on drag - pop! First one I've broken in years.
                      Triple Merc 400’s

Comment

Nice day TT but too bad about the rod. Is that your blackwood? What happened to your Nortech?

Happy 4th all.

Comment

Sold the 340 and flipped the 390. Doing a 38' Fountain and should be here end of August because Nor-Tech is currently back logged until March as I am told. Lot of NT dealers doing spec boats w/ good economy.

Yes, that is part of Blackwood, but not me in pic
                          Triple Merc 400’s

Comment

Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post
                            Took couple friends today who were here in town from Baton Rouge for the 4th - Limited out on Ling and ARS. Only took a pic of one guy though, I was beat. Told them to have at the photos because I had clean up to do.

Did break a rod today, I did it. Had to be a big AJ and when I clamped down on drag - pop! First one I've broken in years.
                            Nice Cobia?
                            As for Amberjack, what do you do with them? I consider them like sailfish.
                            I did not know you could break a rod, thought the line would go first.
                            Engine Sales and Service
                            Ph +1 954.463.1515
                            Fx +1

[email protected]
                            www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Working...
                            X