Musky fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musky fishing

Caught this ugly bastard on lake Chautauqua.
    Attached Files
    2010 Sea Ray 205 Boston Whaler dauntless 15 W/75 merc 14' Shakespeare Wondercraft W/Merc110 17' Gheenoe W/Johnson 4.5 Other assorted watercraft

Nice one. Lake looks beautiful in the morning.

Comment

Good'un
      Small town S. W. Ga./St. James Fl.

Comment

Thanks guys!
        2010 Sea Ray 205 Boston Whaler dauntless 15 W/75 merc 14' Shakespeare Wondercraft W/Merc110 17' Gheenoe W/Johnson 4.5 Other assorted watercraft

Comment

Love them muskies. Dont have them down here. Have to make due with barracuda. I used to throw big spinnerbaits for them over grass. A day of pitching those will give your shoulders a workout.

Comment

OK, there is no such thing as a muskie; it is a legend like the snipes that we used to hunt when we were Boy Scouts. The picture must be a photo shop! My wife grew up on Lake Chautauqua and she never caught a muskie. It is cruel to tease us with tales of legendary fish.

Comment

Every year I catch a nice Musky on Chautauqua Lake. This one was 40" and 26 lbs. I'm lucky I had some kids along to share the experience. Usually ImI alone and nobody can take my picture.

Comment

Just kidding, of course. My buddy Joe just came back from a week on Lake of the Woods in Ontario. Caught 16 muskies. Of course, he is a legend in these parts. My brother in law also catches muskie. He lives in Lakewood, where my wife grew up.

Comment

Lakewood is nice. I went to Jonny's Lunch and had about 16 hotdogs! I couldn't help myself and just kept ordering more. So good! Not so good a couple hours later though.

Comment

An old post but still great to see some fellow muskie fishermen on board! I'm a custom lure maker here in Ontario and fish for these ugly buggers from June till ice up.

Comment

My home river is considered a decent, but not great musky fisherie. When I was in my 20's I decided I was going to dedicate 2 years to being a "musky fisherman". Back in those days I fished the river at least once a week, pretty much every week, Jan (ice allowing) thru Sept 1. I threw huge plugs till my arms fell off. Tried all kinds of live bait.

I NEVER ONCE caught a musky, NEVER in my life, even in Canada.

As far as I'm concerned, they are either some kind of demon fish or it's all a big conspiracy and don't actually exist.
                      Bob

S Central PA

Comment

Working...
                      X