Bubba skiff (like Gheenoe) $3750.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubba skiff (like Gheenoe) $3750.00

This listing is for a 1992 Bubba Boat. These were manufactured in Bartow, FL with around 120 made. She runs super skinny and has a softer ride in chop than a Gheenoe. Unlike other boats in this size range, this ain't your typical chopper gun, spray and pray construction. This beast is hand laid glass throughout. The skiff will run in about 8" of water on plane and has a top speed of 26.8 mph with one person on board. With two people, the speed is 22.4 mph. Resting draft is 4-5" with anglers on board.

The boat is equipped with a forward deck plate for electrical wiring and small dry storage. The middle bench has a very large storage compartment for other gear. There are LED bow lights installed and a LED post anchor light. In the rear, an automatic Rule bilge pump is installed. The electrical system is set up to be powered from Milwaukee power tool 12V lithium ion batteries. Those are not included--get your own. The deck plate will also accommodate a 4 lb. sport bike battery and the electrical system can be augmented easily for that application.

The boat comes with two life jackets, one throw-able PFD, dock lines, an anchor, a tiller extension, a fiberglass telescopic push pole, and three removable rod holders. A three gallon fuel tank is included as well. I will also include whatever remaining TC-W3 oil I have--it's a couple gallons worth.

Let's talk about the outboard. The engine is a 1996 Evinrude. I replaced the cowling plastics last year. They say 9.9 but the engine is 15 h.p. The engine is completely rebuilt. The lower unit has been entirely resealed. The powerhead has new pistons, rings, bearings, and of course gaskets. The fuel pump is brand new. The carburetor has all new parts. The intake reeds have been replaced with Boyesen carbon reeds which allow for quicker starting, smoother idle, better acceleration, and higher top-end power. The head has also been lapped to raise compression and increase power. If the engine has been run within a week, she starts on the second pull--first pull with choke, second pull without choke and you're running. If the engine has been started within the last 8 hours, she'll go on the first pull. If the engine sits for longer than a week, she will start within five pulls. This bitch likes to start easy and run all day long.

There are 101 hours on the outboard since it was rebuilt. She runs like a scalded dog. This thing does not disappoint from a performance standpoint. I went through several props and the current stainless steel Solas Saturn is the best pairing I found. There is also an OMC standard stainless steel propeller included with the sale. It runs decent with that prop, but I find the slip to be excessive.

The engine was serviced in late November with a new impeller and lower unit gear lube (98 hours). The engine comes with a box full of additional parts, carbs, and a spare lower unit. Basically, there are enough parts to keep this thing running until another oil field is discovered.

The trailer has functioning lights, newer hubs (2 years), and newer tires (also 2 years).

The bad--not much. She's solid. There are some scratches and dings as can be expected from a fishing boat of this vintage. The trailer frame is in great shape but will need springs in another year or so and certainly needs some attention paid to the bunk bracket hardware. No, I won't do it before I sell it to you--I'm just like you...I hate working on boat trailers.

I love the boat. She's dope. My wife doesn't want to sell the boat either. Still, the time has come to part ways as there is another skiff soon to be in the stable.

Payment--cash is king. Checks are cool, but you can't take her home until the payment clears. No, I do not want to trade you for your broke ass jet ski. Yep, that's a sweet lifted rig you take in the woods, but it doesn't make my plums tingle either. Bring me money. That's how you get this redfish sleuth.

I'll entertain REASONABLE offers and only if no one shows up beforehand. If you offer me half of asking and you are within arms reach, you get slapped. I don't need your life's story on why you can only afford a certain amount--I promise, I do not care. Have you seen boat prices lately? They are insane. This one is pretty fucking decent.

You want to take a ride before purchase? That's fine. You meet me at the ramp, we agree on a purchase price first. You pay me $50.00. It's non-refundable but it does go against the purchase price if you decide to buy after the water test. If you don't like the ride, I keep your $50.00 (you know...that whole part about non-refundable I just mentioned).

So you want to get in touch with me? Sweet, let's chat. There are two ways to do that: CALL 386.256.6977. Leave a message. I will call you back. Do not text that number; it is a landline. TEXT 386.243.4603 . That number is texting only. Do not call it; I will not answer.

That's pretty much it. Now, come buy this damn thing and get to fishin'.
    Barefoot Boats
    [email protected]
    (386)256-6977

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210206_154515.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	108021link deleted.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by finsleft258; 02-07-2021, 12:12 PM.
    Barefoot Boats
    [email protected]
    (386)256-6977

Comment

Pictures...Charlie
      Greetings from Lake Hopatcong NJ / Milltown NJ

Comment

• finsleft258
        finsleft258 commented
        Editing a comment
        Pics in the link below. The system kept timing out earlier. I'll try again now.

Now THAT's how an ad should read

Unfortunately most of the buyer stiffs who look at it can't read past the first few words.

GLWS, nice boat.
      Sanibel FL
      Axopar 28 Cabin, 2 x 200 Merc 3.4L V6

Comment

Originally posted by TomS View Post
        Now THAT's how an ad should read

Unfortunately most of the buyer stiffs who look at it can't read past the first few words.

GLWS, nice boat.
        Agreed. I'm putting her anywhere someone might see it. Thanks for reading the listing...I'm glad you enjoyed it!
        Barefoot Boats
        [email protected]
        (386)256-6977

Comment

Nice write up, what's the max rating for HP on this boat? Did I miss the length of this boat?

Comment

It's 14' 2" on the nose. The length comes up on the CL ad and I forgot to modify for this one. The boat is rated for 10 h.p. but I have seen a few with a 25 on them (which I think is excessive). I personally like this power combo a lot. I tried a 15 h.p. Tohatsu 4-stroke on it for the day and it's a bit too heavy. It will plane with a 6 h.p. but that's getting a bit thin.
            Barefoot Boats
            [email protected]
            (386)256-6977

Comment

Working...
            X